SIG Talk Gun Forum

LAX Ammo?

This is a discussion on LAX Ammo? within the Ammo and Reloading forums, part of the Gun Forum category; Originally Posted by GoneBallisticInAlabama MULTI-THOUSAND DOLLAR ORDER?!?!?!? Yeah you would think they would put you at the top of their list to respond to. Yeah, ...


Go Back   SIG Talk > Gun Forum > Ammo and Reloading

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBallisticInAlabama View Post
MULTI-THOUSAND DOLLAR ORDER?!?!?!?
Yeah you would think they would put you at the top of their list to respond to.
Yeah, you would think. And that wasn't the first such order.
satgunguy is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperchasin View Post
If you don't feel comfortable, then I would advise you simply avoid reloaded ammo. In the end, it really boils down to a preference (and comfort ability).
A little OT for this thread, but hopefully you all will humor me...can't defective (deformed, hot, etc.) "original" loads get through to the end user, too? It seems less likely, but we've all purchased products packaged or assembled by machines that had some glaring quality problem. Why couldn't the machine that adds the powder put a little too much?
satgunguy is offline  
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #23
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Malicious Compliance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperchasin View Post
Who are the ones that are saying you should stay away from them???
Most gun manufacturers will void the warranty if reloads are used.

That being said, reloading is merely reusing the brass. Provided the brass used is in good condition, reloads can be just as safe as regular factory ammo. Reloading introduces too many variables and opportunities for catastrophy for gun manufacturer's legal departments to approve of.

In 9mm loads in particular, it is almost impossible to have an overpressure load, there just isn't enough room in the case to pack enough powder. You run a greater risk of a squib or short load and the subsequent damage caused by attempting to fire a round with an obstructed barrel.

Since I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on television, please take this as merely my opinion and nothing more. Should you have an issue with LAX (or any other reputable commercial reloader) ammo that causes damage to your firearm, that manufacturer should be held responsible for those damages, regardless of the extent. This is where knowing the source of your ammo becomes critical.
Malicious Compliance is online now  
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
JonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 200
Just picked up 1000 9mm reloads at LAX ammo today. It's good looking stuff. I was also able to get 500 CCI mini mag .22lr. I could have got more or even the Remington 1400 bucket o' bullets. They had plenty of .22lr - local purchase only though - they're not selling it on their website.
JonW is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
CatSnipah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC
Posts: 174
I've used lax for the first time just this weekend. 9 mm and 45 LC. Good stuff. No issues in either 9 mm pistol, and the 45 was good in the Governor. Will buy more. Will also check out Georgia Arms, well.
CatSnipah is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
CatSnipah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC
Posts: 174
Remember, these are not hand reloads. Mil-spec machines. Not a mom-n-pop type reloader.
CatSnipah is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatSnipah View Post
Remember, these are not hand reloads. Mil-spec machines. Not a mom-n-pop type reloader.
Really? Good to know. The picture they show of one of their revolver cartridges have a lot of variation in overall length. I know revolvers are not sensitive to that like semi-autos. Not being a reloader myself I wonder how it affects consistency between rounds. I surely hope that they are more precise with semi-auto rounds.
GoneBallisticInAlabama is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
CatSnipah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBallisticInAlabama View Post
Really? Good to know. The picture they show of one of their revolver cartridges have a lot of variation in overall length. I know revolvers are not sensitive to that like semi-autos. Not being a reloader myself I wonder how it affects consistency between rounds. I surely hope that they are more precise with semi-auto rounds.
I shot about 40 rounds of 45 LC Saturday with no problems. Revolver, of course, so less sensitive.

Together, I bet my wife and I dumped about 250 rounds of the 9 mm through the two pistols with nary a problem. All brass reloads, no nickel plated in this box, so far. I don't see much variation in size/length as I'm loading. My wife loads her own mags, and didn't say anything, either.
CatSnipah is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1
Fired thousands of their reloads. Good to Go.
Eightyduece is offline  
Old 02-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Compliance View Post
Most gun manufacturers will void the warranty if reloads are used.

That being said, reloading is merely reusing the brass. Provided the brass used is in good condition, reloads can be just as safe as regular factory ammo. Reloading introduces too many variables and opportunities for catastrophy for gun manufacturer's legal departments to approve of.

In 9mm loads in particular, it is almost impossible to have an overpressure load, there just isn't enough room in the case to pack enough powder. You run a greater risk of a squib or short load and the subsequent damage caused by attempting to fire a round with an obstructed barrel.

Since I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on television, please take this as merely my opinion and nothing more. Should you have an issue with LAX (or any other reputable commercial reloader) ammo that causes damage to your firearm, that manufacturer should be held responsible for those damages, regardless of the extent. This is where knowing the source of your ammo becomes critical.
although 9mm reloads can't have an overpressure load, they can have a brass failure ( which is what happened to me ). Most of the pressure blew down the magwell blowing my trigger bar out of my Beretta 92FS ( it didn't actually fall out just extend out ) and I felt a heat wave pass over my face and my firearm was smoking. Fortunately for me I had it inspected and cleared by a gunsmith, but just that incident was scary enough for me not to use reloads for a long while. Theres plenty of almost as cheap WWB I find around, especially websites that don't charge sales tax.

PS - The reloads were not from LAX but a trusted guy with "mil spec machinery", this was 1 brass failure out of 1,400 fired rounds, but it only takes 1 I guess...
GabbSig is offline  
Old 02-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #31
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
magraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oakland County, MI
Posts: 123
LAX Ammo?

No issue with their reman ammo.
magraham is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > Gun Forum > Ammo and Reloading


Search tags for this page
is lax ammo any good
,

lax ammo

,

lax ammo review

,
lax ammo reviews
,
lax ammunition
,

lax ammunition review

,
lax ammunition reviews
,
lax reloaded ammo review
,
lax reloads review
,
laxammo
,
laxammo.com
,
reloaded ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2014 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.