This is a discussion on Forum Rules - Please read before posting. within the New Users forums, part of the Lobby category; In an effort to make SigTalk.com more enjoyable for our members, we have adopted the following simple posting guidelines. We’d prefer not to moderate a ...
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|12-12-2012, 02:00 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2012
Forum Rules - Please read before posting.
In an effort to make SigTalk.com more enjoyable for our members, we have adopted the following simple posting guidelines. We’d prefer not to moderate a single post, but not all of our members feel that way. We’re trying our best to find a happy medium but as this forum grows many situations will need to be handled with care. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding in creating an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.
1) Respect other members. Do not flame, badger, disrespect or taunt anyone on the forum. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it. A healthy debate is welcomed and encouraged. Personal attacks and name calling serve no purpose on this forum. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans (we were all new once). You can, and will be banned if you continue this type of behavior.
2) Trolling – Posting comments with the sole purpose of starting pissing matches with members, libel persons or groups, or to disrupt the forum, will cause your stay here to be short.
3) Advertising for ANY business or product in usernames, signatures or avatars is not allowed, UNLESS you are a site sponsor. These will be removed. Creating threads or posts to advertise any business or product will be considered spam and will be deleted. Posting offenders risk being immediately banned.
If you are a Business or have a product or service that would be of interest to our members please click the Contact Us Link at the bottom of every page and choose the "Advertising Inquiry" option to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to you and your company.
4) PERSONAL classifieds from members are allowed in the appropriate "for sale" areas of the site as long as you are not a Business Vendor and it is your personal property you are selling. All FNA rules/firearm transfer laws apply.
5) Double Posting - Multiple, Repeated or Cross posting (posting the same information in two or more separate forums) is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one and stick with it. PLEASE try to put topics in the correct forums!
6) Profanity is not tolerated in thread titles. Try to be as descriptive as possible when creating new threads. Getting the help you're looking for is as simple as generating an informative thread title. Titling your thread, "hey" or "question" will not get the views or response that you're looking for.
7) Foul, offensive, vulgar, derogatory, abusive language, or sexual references: Use of bad language or profanity may cause your post to be edited or the post deleted by forum staff. If your post crosses the line of what’s deemed acceptable behavior by the forum staff your post will be deleted. You may receive an infraction, and/or given a temporary ban or be permanently banned off the forum. Use discretion when using such language.
8) Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. We have tools designed to detect multiple accounts and, when discovered, we reserve the right to delete, ban, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice.
9) Spamming/advertising in the general forums is not tolerated. Again, if you have a product or service that would be of interest to our members please click the Contact Us Link at the bottom of every page and choose the "Advertising Inquiry" option to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to you and your company.
10) A promotion of competing sites and/or forums is not allowed. Using the name of other sites or even posting a link to a pertinent thread from another site is acceptable, but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered SPAM and will not be allowed. Users are not allowed to link to other forums in signatures, posts or PM's in effort to generate traffic to a competing site. This will be up to the discretion of the Forums Staff.
A note on FREE SPEECH:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. SigTalk is not listed in the Bill of Rights. We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum. These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights. If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.
You may or may not be notified if action or actions are needed to be taken. Moderators and Administrators have the final word. If you have a problem or a complaint, please direct it to the Forum’s Administrators.
Have fun and enjoy the forums!
|01-15-2013, 02:03 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Beaumont, Tx
As it should be.
I got here through Nutn, Sootch and the like.
It' time, past time to get to work!
|01-20-2013, 10:20 AM||#8|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mountain View
Thanks for letting me be part of communicating with those who believe in the right of self-defense for themselves and their families.
it is because of forums like this and others that we still have freedom that the 1st amendment gave us by our Forefathers when they defeated King George and drove out the British.
E Gads - thank God they were or we would be talking like the British today. The Brits can thank America that they are not speaking German too.
|01-20-2013, 10:30 AM||#9|
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida Pan Handle
As It should be!
These guidelines are excellent! And why there is only one other site I frequent. That said, this one is my favorite hands down and the members are definitely a higher caliber (no pun intended).
|Search tags for this page|
all member please must read before posting.
|Similar SIG Talk Discussions|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|impressed by P226 .357 (long read)||gasig226||SIG Sauer Pistols||3||10-24-2011 06:40 PM|
|A must read review and history of the P226||xmortor66||SIG Sauer Pistols||3||01-22-2011 03:07 PM|