Brand New P320c Failure To Eject Issues - Page 3 - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

Brand New P320c Failure To Eject Issues

This is a discussion on Brand New P320c Failure To Eject Issues within the P250 & P320 Modular Pistols forums, part of the SIG Sauer Pistols category; Ill try it, 650 rounds through it. Had an instructor fire it, failed 3 times on one mag. It is now at 150 roumds with ...


Go Back   SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols > P250 & P320 Modular Pistols


P250 & P320 Modular Pistols P250, P320, and Exchange kits

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MI
Posts: 9
Ill try it, 650 rounds through it. Had an instructor fire it, failed 3 times on one mag. It is now at 150 roumds with no failures, eliminated my most used ammo and it seems to like the other brands.
creepyrat is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 11-08-2016, 12:29 PM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 42
Watching this thread closely as my 10 day old P320c showed some tendency for FTE while at the range on Sunday. Prior to Sunday it had only maybe 50 rounds through it with no hiccups. Sunday it failed to eject 3 times in about another 50 rounds. I cleaned and oiled and it's been sitting with the slide locked back ever since.
jrsdws is offline  
Old 11-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MI
Posts: 9
Fredom munitions new mfg 115 grain fmj is a failure for this 320. It has fired 10 year old wwb 100 rounds with no issues. And 47 roumds of 124 grain milsurp loads without issue.
creepyrat is offline  
 
Old 11-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 42
Great. I just bought 1000 rounds of the reman version!! My old white box is what the first rounds through mine were also with no problems. New Magtech 115gr are what gave me headaches.
jrsdws is offline  
Old 11-09-2016, 03:58 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
DCSigCZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mtn Man in N. Galveston County, TX
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyrat View Post
Fredom munitions new mfg 115 grain fmj is a failure for this 320. It has fired 10 year old wwb 100 rounds with no issues. And 47 roumds of 124 grain milsurp loads without issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsdws View Post
Great. I just bought 1000 rounds of the reman version!! My old white box is what the first rounds through mine were also with no problems. New Magtech 115gr are what gave me headaches.
Don't be sad too quickly. I use Freedom Reman 9mm constantly in my P320F with zero problems. If you are having a problem have an Armorer (like me) inspect your pistol and replace the parts required to get your pistol at 100% reliability. If you want to experiment and enjoy a learning process, you can also buy a Gray Guns guide rod and tune the recoil spring to the Ammo you are using. The distance ejected is the leading indicator to correct spring rating. Note - Do that after you have 100% reliability with the stock recoil spring assembly.
DCSigCZ is offline  
Old 11-09-2016, 04:30 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
DPeter85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 489
[QUOTE=DCSig;1405178]
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepyrat View Post
The distance ejected is the leading indicator to correct spring rating. Note - Do that after you have 100% reliability with the stock recoil spring assembly.
And what is the optimal distance?
DPeter85 is offline  
Old 11-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 42
Went out and shot the P320 and my old Beretta 92F. I put 50 rounds of the reman Freedom Munitions through it with no issues. I ran 10 rounds of the MaxxTech through and had one FTE. Then another 50 rounds of Freedom with no problems.

I noticed the FM casings ejected consistently to the same area. The MT was erratic with many barely clearing and just landing on my arms. I can only conclude that the quality of ammo is the culprit here and the new gun is still just to tight to shoot the junk. The old 92F didn't mind it at all and we'll shoot it up no problem.
jrsdws is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 02:46 AM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 42
Another 150 rounds of Freedom Munitions without a hitch. Just ordered another 1000 rounds of the same.
jrsdws is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 8
I have got 500 rounds through my new P320 with 0 failures of any kind. That includes my hand loaded target loads that are a bit down on power. I have tried many different types of rounds including some defensive ammo with broad hollow points.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Sabomnimbehr is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 08:00 PM   #40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Killeen,TX
Posts: 26
Local PD just went to the 320 in 9mm. Officers have a choice of Full size or Carry model. They have had a lot of problems with the Carry with the first round out of the mag with a fully loaded mag. Department armors and Sig armor only solution at this time is to down load mags by one round. Once the mag springs relax and the pistol breaks in the problem may go away. They have had no problem with the full size. Their carry ammo is HST 147, not sure if it is standard or +P.
shelbyv8 is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 04:33 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,013
I would think that when a dept. gets a new gun that the officers have to qualify with this gun. If they fire more then a couple hundred rounds to do this, these guns should be broken in. I think when I got my compact and sub compact(been awhile)things were tight. Would like to hear if this problem stopped after qualification or if it is on going.
Jerrysea is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #42
Junior Member
 
Gun Whisperer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 11
I've had my 9mm P320C for about a year now and have shot it in competitions and have used it extensively in my training classes. By this point, I'd estimate that I've got 5,000 rounds through it. From Day 1, it had issues with "economy" 115gr ammo. I contacted Sig and they sent another extractor and recommended that I use 124gr ammo. From that point forward, I had no FTEs until last month, when I mistakenly brought a box of 115gr ammo to the range and I had 2 FTEs. Concerned, I brought 124gr ammo to my next session and had no FTEs through the 400 rounds fired.

So, my experiences would lead me to believe that "break-in" isn't an issue since shot about 5K rounds through it. So, I believe this gun simply requires a slightly heavier bullet to create the back-pressure to function reliably. Again, no science... just empirical evidence.

For what it is worth, I clean the gun after each range session with Strike Hold Cleaner and Dry lubricant/protectant (great stuff) and place a very light application of Weapon Shield grease in the slide rails.

I am VERY impressed with this gun and only wish it would simply "eat everything I feed it" instead of taking the extra step to ensure that I have only 124gr ammo on the range.
PeaceOfficer likes this.
Gun Whisperer is offline  
Old 11-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Whisperer View Post
I've had my 9mm P320C for about a year now and have shot it in competitions and have used it extensively in my training classes. By this point, I'd estimate that I've got 5,000 rounds through it. From Day 1, it had issues with "economy" 115gr ammo. I contacted Sig and they sent another extractor and recommended that I use 124gr ammo. From that point forward, I had no FTEs until last month, when I mistakenly brought a box of 115gr ammo to the range and I had 2 FTEs. Concerned, I brought 124gr ammo to my next session and had no FTEs through the 400 rounds fired.

So, my experiences would lead me to believe that "break-in" isn't an issue since shot about 5K rounds through it. So, I believe this gun simply requires a slightly heavier bullet to create the back-pressure to function reliably. Again, no science... just empirical evidence.

For what it is worth, I clean the gun after each range session with Strike Hold Cleaner and Dry lubricant/protectant (great stuff) and place a very light application of Weapon Shield grease in the slide rails.

I am VERY impressed with this gun and only wish it would simply "eat everything I feed it" instead of taking the extra step to ensure that I have only 124gr ammo on the range.
The wife and I have fired thousands of rounds through both the 320 c and sc. 95 percent 115 grain assorted brands. We have not had any problems with these guns yet. I bought some aluminium cased ammo to try. Have not had the chance yet. Have Been taking other guns to the range. Bought the aluminium for the purpose of firing in the 320s. Was afraid that it was going to become difficult to purchase ammo period if Clinton won and wanted to make sure this functions in main carry guns.
Jerrysea is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 06:21 PM   #44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 13
Before using TW25 knead the tube to mix it and it will come out of the tube like it should.
Muskin
Winchester is offline  
Old 11-28-2016, 06:16 AM   #45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MI
Posts: 9
600 rounds of freedom munitions failures to extract almost every mag, with a new extractor installed by sig, 500 rounds of old wwb 115 no failures no issues, 100 rounds of milsurp 124, no failures no issues, and 50 fiocci 115's no failures no issues.

I am tempted to go run more freedom just to see if it works yet... but I think there is an issue with the chamber being rough.
creepyrat is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols > P250 & P320 Modular Pistols


Search tags for this page

marathonrunner firearms forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar SIG Talk Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failure to Eject Sig10mm SIG Sauer Pistols 0 08-22-2016 11:14 AM


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2017 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.