Trigger Job on P320 Compact - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

Trigger Job on P320 Compact

This is a discussion on Trigger Job on P320 Compact within the P250 & P320 Modular Pistols forums, part of the SIG Sauer Pistols category; Dropped off my P320 Compact with my gunsmith today for a trigger job. Tested the trigger from the factory and it is right at 7 ...


Go Back   SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols > P250 & P320 Modular Pistols


P250 & P320 Modular Pistols P250, P320, and Exchange kits

Like Tree60Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Trigger Job on P320 Compact

Dropped off my P320 Compact with my gunsmith today for a trigger job. Tested the trigger from the factory and it is right at 7 pounds. Asked him to reduce it to between 5 and 5.5 pounds. Would have had him try for more but this is my EDC and I don't want anything lighter. Has anyone had a trigger job done on a P320 and, if so, what were the results. I will post mine as soon as I get my P320 back which should be sometime next week.
cremaley is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 869
So you want a carry gun with a 5-5.5" trigger?
Interesting plan
LeftCoast likes this.
P229R is offline  
Old 08-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by P229R View Post
So you want a carry gun with a 5-5.5" trigger?
Interesting plan
As a matter of fact yes. All of my 1911 carry guns have factory trigger of 5.5 pounds. Don't see that as a problem.
Pavia likes this.
cremaley is offline  
 
Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 32
Id be hesitant to lighten the trigger on any gun that might be used for self-defense purposes. For range or competition use, no problem. But if I were to have to use that gun in a defensive shooting, it could very well be used against me by a prosecutor with an anti-gun agenda. Is that right or even common sense? No...but I won't take the chance.
USAFgoober is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:29 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFgoober View Post
Id be hesitant to lighten the trigger on any gun that might be used for self-defense purposes. For range or competition use, no problem. But if I were to have to use that gun in a defensive shooting, it could very well be used against me by a prosecutor with an anti-gun agenda. Is that right or even common sense? No...but I won't take the chance.
If you read the specs on the P320 full size or compact it says the trigger pull is between 5.5 and 7.5 pounds. I am just taking it to the lower end of the range. Since none of the trigger components are changed, it would be difficult to tell that the trigger had been lightened. 10,000 round would probably accomplish the same results. I just not willing to wait that long.
black squirrel and OhioLefty like this.
cremaley is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:28 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: US
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
If you read the specs on the P320 full size or compact it says the trigger pull is between 5.5 and 7.5 pounds. I am just taking it to the lower end of the range. Since none of the trigger components are changed, it would be difficult to tell that the trigger had been lightened. 10,000 round would probably accomplish the same results. I just not willing to wait that long.
Not only the waiting..... the cost of ammo would be more than your gunsmith
Gunnut357s is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:36 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut357s View Post
Not only the waiting..... the cost of ammo would be more than your gunsmith
Never though about it in those terms but yes you are absolute right the cost of the ammo would be way more than the $70 cost of my gunsmith. Good point!
cremaley is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:36 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
dondavis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas / Fort Worth Area
Posts: 201
I had a trigger job on my P320.

It was done by Robert Burke "The Sig Armorer"

robert@thesigarmorer.com

(972) 342-2717

He did a great job on mine.

He also did the trigger job on Max Michel's P320

http://maxmichel.com

Now that says a lot
dondavis3 is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondavis3 View Post
I had a trigger job on my P320.

It was done by Robert Burke "The Sig Armorer"

robert@thesigarmorer.com

(972) 342-2717

He did a great job on mine.

He also did the trigger job on Max Michel's P320

Max Michel: World Class Shooter

Now that says a lot
What is the trigger pull now that Robert Burke has worked on it?
cremaley is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Steelhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFgoober View Post
Id be hesitant to lighten the trigger on any gun that might be used for self-defense purposes. For range or competition use, no problem. But if I were to have to use that gun in a defensive shooting, it could very well be used against me by a prosecutor with an anti-gun agenda. Is that right or even common sense? No...but I won't take the chance.
I don't understand how it could be used against you in a self defense shooting where you intentionally pull the trigger to prevent death or bodily harm from happening to you. I can see that it could be an issue in case of an AD but in a SD situation?
zanderman77 likes this.
Steelhat is offline  
Old 12-12-2014, 11:19 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhat View Post
I don't understand how it could be used against you in a self defense shooting where you intentionally pull the trigger to prevent death or bodily harm from happening to you. I can see that it could be an issue in case of an AD but in a SD situation?
This is an possibility asserted by Massad Ayoob. Interestingly, nobody can ever cite an actual case where a trigger job was used as an argument that the shooter exhibited wanton disregard for life by using that gun. I've only seen cites claiming that the trigger job caused the gun to go off inadvertently.
XavierNu likes this.
Gryff is offline  
Old 12-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
LeftCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,653
It's never a good idea to have a trigger-job on a carry weapon, IMHO.

I'll just leave this here.

Why Farago (And You) Shouldn't Modify A Self-Defense Gun's Trigger - The Truth About Guns
dozer man, BBtruck and JMichaelTX like this.
LeftCoast is offline  
Old 12-13-2014, 03:28 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
hearsedriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 126
If your gun is used in a SD situation, it is going to be inspected by the State Firearms Inspector and the trigger better measure to factory specification or it will be used against you before the Grand jury. Never lighten the trigger on your SD gun.
dozer man and larry8061 like this.
hearsedriver is offline  
Old 12-13-2014, 03:57 AM   #14
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
dwg13013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wichita Ks.
Posts: 17,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
This is an possibility asserted by Massad Ayoob. Interestingly, nobody can ever cite an actual case where a trigger job was used as an argument that the shooter exhibited wanton disregard for life by using that gun. I've only seen cites claiming that the trigger job caused the gun to go off inadvertently.
Have you read his books ? He cites past cases that are public record.
The argument is aggression. Aggression because of prior planning. Even what we say here can be used against us.
Anything that could say, one was looking for a fight.


The charge doesn't even have to be made. If involved in a shooting, they will look at everything involved and you will be paying a lawyer big bucks.
I just want the facts to be as simple as possible.

Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

I joined because I want to help them grow, and I want help when I need it.
Membership comes with a series of DVDs that deal with laws, and details past court cases.
Convinced me.
Some prosecutors will accept as self defence. and some Prosecutors want to convict, either to look good or don't like self defence.
We can't choose our prosecutors.
Look what happened to Zimmerman when the evidence was fairly clear that he was under attack.
In other States he might never have been charged.
dozer man, larry8061 and BBtruck like this.

Last edited by dwg13013; 12-13-2014 at 04:02 AM.
dwg13013 is online now  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
LeftCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwg13013 View Post
Have you read his books ? He cites past cases that are public record.
The argument is aggression. Aggression because of prior planning. Even what we say here can be used against us.
Anything that could say, one was looking for a fight.


The charge doesn't even have to be made. If involved in a shooting, they will look at everything involved and you will be paying a lawyer big bucks.
I just want the facts to be as simple as possible.

Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

I joined because I want to help them grow, and I want help when I need it.
Membership comes with a series of DVDs that deal with laws, and details past court cases.
Convinced me.
Some prosecutors will accept as self defence. and some Prosecutors want to convict, either to look good or don't like self defence.
We can't choose our prosecutors.
Look what happened to Zimmerman when the evidence was fairly clear that he was under attack.
In other States he might never have been charged.

While I agree with almost everything you say here, the use of Zimmerman as an example of self-defense is ludicrous; he's a murderer.

He stalked a kid who had every right to be where he was, and continued to antagonize the situation despite being advised to leave it alone, and when the kid did what any one of us here would have done, confronted a direct threat to his physical person by defending himself, he was shot to death in cold blood.

Please don't mistake a failure to indict in the deep South because it was "only" a black person who was murdered as being a rightful decision. If Martin was white, Zimmerman would be in prison. The end.

Rights are for ALL Americans, equally, not just the ones a certain segment of the population deems worthy of them; I would think a site so concerned with the 2nd Amendment might understand the erosion of these rights a little more than I'm seeing here, sometimes.
XavierNu, SeaHawk and Nbop like this.
LeftCoast is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols > P250 & P320 Modular Pistols


Search tags for this page
p320 trigger
,

p320 trigger job

,
sig 320 trigger
,
sig 320 trigger job
,

sig p320 trigger

,

sig p320 trigger job

,

sig p320 trigger kit

,
sig p320 trigger pull
,
sig p320 trigger upgrade
,
sig p320 trigger work
,
sig p320 upgrades
,
sig sauer p320 trigger kit
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar SIG Talk Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any good P320 Compact IWB holsters? donttread776 Concealed Carry 17 04-15-2016 07:18 PM
For Trade: P 250 9mm FS slide assembly for compact or sub compact. ChristopherLoaf Classifieds 10 06-26-2014 06:02 AM
P250 Compact trigger finger pinch sigruger7 P250 & P320 Modular Pistols 1 04-29-2014 08:12 PM
P320 available! duqjeep2010 P250 & P320 Modular Pistols 31 04-06-2014 01:08 PM
P250 sub-compact vs. P220 compact dozer man P250 & P320 Modular Pistols 16 04-17-2013 07:44 PM


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2017 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.