Which Model is what? - Page 3 - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

Which Model is what?

This is a discussion on Which Model is what? within the SIG Sauer Pistols forums, part of the SIG Sauer Forum category; Originally Posted by beancrusher HOLY SMOKING SIGS BATMAN!!!!!!!!! SlySleuth.......I detect a favorite....looks like a double count of the p225-A1 9mm His & Her's of course!...


Go Back   SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols


SIG Sauer Pistols SIG Sauer Pistol Forum: SIG Sauer Pistols - P210, P220, P225, P226, P227, P228, P229, P232, P238, P239, P250, P290, P320, P522, P556, PM400, SP2022, Mosquito,

Like Tree57Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #31
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
SlySleuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by beancrusher View Post
HOLY SMOKING SIGS BATMAN!!!!!!!!!

SlySleuth.......I detect a favorite....looks like a double count of the p225-A1 9mm
His & Her's of course!
SlySleuth is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 10-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Kelleytoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySleuth View Post
And enjoy eating a lot of ramen and sammiches! This is my small collection of just Sigs to date.

-Sig p938 .22 LR
-Sig p938 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p938 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p320 Full Size 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact American Hero 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact FDE 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact FDE .357 SIG
-Sig p320 SubCompact 9mm
-Sig p290 RS 9mm
-Sig p250 Sub Compact 9mm
-Sig p239 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p239 SRT 9mm
-Sig p238 Extreme .380
-Sig p229 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p229 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p229 Enhanced Elite 9mm
-Sig p229 Enhanced Elite .357Sig
-Sig p229 Blue Piranha 9mm
-Sig p229 Legion 9mm
-Sig p229 Legion .357 Sig
-Sig p228 M11-A1 9mm
-Sig p228 M11-A1 Army Green 9mm
-Sig p227 SAS Carry .45 ACP
-Sig p226 MK25 Desert 9mm
-Sig p226 Legion 9mm
-Sig p226 Legion .357 Sig
-Sig p226 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p226 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p226 Equinox 9mm
-Sig p226 Enhanced Elite 9mm
-Sig p226 Tribal 9mm
-Sig p225-A1 9mm
-Sig p225-A1 9mm
-Sig p224 SAS 9mm
-Sig p224 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p220 Scorpion .45 ACP
-Sig p220 Carry SAS .45 ACP
-Sig 1911 Match Elite Stainless 9mm
-Sig 1911 Carry Spartan .45ACP
-Sig SP2022 FDE 9mm
-Sig M400 Enhanced
Holy c_ra_p!

Okay, so you're way too young to adopt me, you're already married, but can I adopt YOU? (Assuming all weapons come with, of course).

And remember, of course, that I *will* be bringing to the table at least a couple of Sigs you don't have (M11A1 and 1911 Compact).
SlySleuth likes this.
Kelleytoons is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #33
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
SlySleuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleytoons View Post
Holy c_ra_p!

Okay, so you're way too young to adopt me, you're already married, but can I adopt YOU? (Assuming all weapons come with, of course).

And remember, of course, that I *will* be bringing to the table at least a couple of Sigs you don't have (M11A1 and 1911 Compact).
I have 2 M11A1's listed. Mine is black and my husband has your coveted Army Green version
We've had a couple of Ultra Compact's that we have traded or sold off in the past. An XO 1911 and an STX 1911 that we've done the same with. I could go for another UC.. This time I want one in 9mm..

I don't think you'd want to adopt me however. You REALLY wouldn't want two redheads in your house, now would you???
HemiRoadRunner likes this.
SlySleuth is offline  
 
Old 10-18-2016, 04:28 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
beancrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Illinois
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySleuth View Post
I can't play favorites in the safe.. all my other guns would get their feelings hurt.. Then I could have pandemonium break out in there!
AH........p225 A1 is in the holster.....the others are in the safe together
beancrusher is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #35
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: TN
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblr View Post
I'm going to try and sum it up in a basic way. I'm not going to include all the finish variants, internal/external extractor, German vs. W. German, etc... or any of the polymer guns.

P210: Target-size, single stack, steel slide, 9mm

P220: Full-size, single stack, carbon steel slide (stainless steel slide currently), 45 ACP (originally also offered in 9mm and .38 Super in carbon steel slides)

P224: Compact, double stack, stainless steel slide, 9mm, .357 SIG, and .40 S&W

P225: Mid-size, single stack, carbon steel slide, 9mm

P6: Mid-size, single stack, carbon steel slide, 9mm (this is the German Police version of the P225)

P225-A1: Mid-size, single stack, stainless steel slide, 9mm

P226: Full-size, double stack, carbon steel slide (stainless steel slide currently), 9mm, .357 SIG, and .40 S&W (only available in 9mm in carbon steel slide)

P227: Mid-size, double stack, stainless steel slide, .45 ACP

P228: Mid-size, double stack, carbon steel slide, 9mm

M11-A1: Mid-size, double stack, stainless steel slide, 9mm (an updated version of P228)

P229: Mid-size, double stack, stainless steel slide, 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W

P230: Sub-compact, single stack, stainless steel slide, .380 ACP

P232: Sub-compact, single stack, stainless steel slide, .380 ACP

P238: Sub-compact, single stack, stainless steel slide, .380 ACP, (this is a 1911 style gun)

P239: Compact, single stack, stainless steel slide, 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W

P245: Compact, single stack, carbon steel slide, .45 ACP

P938: Sub-compact, single stack, stainless steel slide, 9mm, (this is a 1911 style gun)

Many of the models are offered in all stainless steel and/or Elite versions. Elite versions have forward cocking serrations and a beaver-tail. A Dark version is a black all-stainless version. Match versions come with an extended slide and barrel.

Look here for other SIG references:

SIG WEAPONS
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer

Hopefully I got everything mostly right. Feel free to point out any errors or add any info.
This is the list if definitions I was planning to post, most accurate and concise way of not basically writing a book about it. Best thing you can do it choose a model, look at pictures and videos of it, then read about the history. If it intrigues you try to find one in person. They are not a quick study, I think I speak for everyone with any kind of in depth knowledge of them that it is not something you learn in a week, a month, or even a year. That being said you will never stop learning and there will always be these new oddities either in new productions or ones that surface from 25 years ago that make you go "WHAT THE @$#% is that?!?" especially once you take interest in the numbering, and combinations, and fittings, and finish...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
SlySleuth likes this.
HemiRoadRunner is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 06:31 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Kelleytoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySleuth View Post
I have 2 M11A1's listed. Mine is black and my husband has your coveted Army Green version
We've had a couple of Ultra Compact's that we have traded or sold off in the past. An XO 1911 and an STX 1911 that we've done the same with. I could go for another UC.. This time I want one in 9mm..

I don't think you'd want to adopt me however. You REALLY wouldn't want two redheads in your house, now would you???
Well, the Chinese symbol for trouble is two women under one roof, but I've been known to court trouble before.

But all my guns are 9mm, so that UC is good to go for you (and my M11A1 is FDE, which I don't think you have, right?). However, I'm more thinking that you and your husband can stay in your own home, but I'll just borrow your weapons (oh, and vice versa, of course :>).

All seriousness aside, I'll NEVER live long enough to get the sort of collection you have. If you have any children they will be VERY lucky (what an inheritance!)
Kelleytoons is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 06:48 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
bblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 3,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiRoadRunner View Post
I think I speak for everyone with any kind of in depth knowledge of them that it is not something you learn in a week, a month, or even a year.
I bought my first SIG 15 years ago and I'm still learning about them. SIG has made it even harder to understand by adding all the variants of each gun: Stainless, Equinox, Legion, Elite, Dark, Match, Tribal, Rainbow, Diamond Plate, Jubilee, Scorpion, Combat, Sport, Super Capacity Tactical (SCT), etc...
bblr is offline  
Old 10-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySleuth View Post
And enjoy eating a lot of ramen and sammiches! This is my small collection of just Sigs to date.

-Sig p938 .22 LR
-Sig p938 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p938 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p320 Full Size 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact American Hero 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact FDE 9mm
-Sig p320 Compact FDE .357 SIG
-Sig p320 SubCompact 9mm
-Sig p290 RS 9mm
-Sig p250 Sub Compact 9mm
-Sig p239 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p239 SRT 9mm
-Sig p238 Extreme .380
-Sig p229 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p229 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p229 Enhanced Elite 9mm
-Sig p229 Enhanced Elite .357Sig
-Sig p229 Blue Piranha 9mm
-Sig p229 Legion 9mm
-Sig p229 Legion .357 Sig
-Sig p228 M11-A1 9mm
-Sig p228 M11-A1 Army Green 9mm
-Sig p227 SAS Carry .45 ACP
-Sig p226 MK25 Desert 9mm
-Sig p226 Legion 9mm
-Sig p226 Legion .357 Sig
-Sig p226 Scorpion 9mm
-Sig p226 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p226 Equinox 9mm
-Sig p226 Enhanced Elite 9mm
-Sig p226 Tribal 9mm
-Sig p225-A1 9mm
-Sig p225-A1 9mm
-Sig p224 SAS 9mm
-Sig p224 Extreme 9mm
-Sig p220 Scorpion .45 ACP
-Sig p220 Carry SAS .45 ACP
-Sig 1911 Match Elite Stainless 9mm
-Sig 1911 Carry Spartan .45ACP
-Sig SP2022 FDE 9mm
-Sig M400 Enhanced
All of my Sigs are German or W. German.
SIGWiz226 and SlySleuth like this.
X5L1 is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #39
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
SlySleuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5L1 View Post
All of my Sigs are German or W. German.
Very nice! Everybody has their own cup of tea!
SlySleuth is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySleuth View Post
Very nice! Everybody has their own cup of tea!

X5L1 is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
GoneBallisticInAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 13,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySleuth View Post
Very nice! Everybody has their own cup of tea!
...or Sailor Jerry or Captain Morgan...
skullcoder and SlySleuth like this.
GoneBallisticInAlabama is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 08:23 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: US
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiver69 View Post
Agreed same here, but what about the not on the website stuff.

OK Willard

You have a P6, what is that?
Predecessor to to the P225a1 and the German name for the P225.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
sigmanx is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 10:52 AM   #43
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
SlySleuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Here
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBallisticInAlabama View Post
...or Sailor Jerry or Captain Morgan...
Yeah, well, I don't drink so didn't think to include them!

My vices are guns and tattoos!
SlySleuth is offline  
Old 10-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
ca survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studly View Post
In 1977 Browning made a deal with Sig Sauer to import the Sig p220 under the Browning name for a couple of years.
After that, Sig decided to import the p220s themselves.

You can find a reference to that in the 1st chapter of the book, 'Gun Digest Book of Sig Sauer', by Massad Ayoob.
had one, the only reason I got rid of it, was the heal mag release, as I was going into IDPA, traded for a Colt Gov. Mark 70, paid NIB $160.00 for the 1911, now you know how old I'm LOL
ca survivor is offline  
Old 04-04-2017, 07:47 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
ma6907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 338
One of my LGS has a Browning BDA/Sig NIB for sale. I held it the other day. Has HUGE stock grips on it, which somehow makes it feel odd in my (huge) hands.
ma6907 is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar SIG Talk Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Refinish of an Abused S&W Model 10-5 lamarw Gun Projects 5 09-22-2016 12:32 PM
229 Model number joken SIG Sauer Pistols 12 09-15-2016 07:33 AM
SOLD! Smith Wesson Model 41 Thompson415 Classifieds 2 07-13-2016 02:41 AM
Has anyone bought the display model M400Mk25 SIG Sauer Pistols 9 07-04-2016 05:06 AM
Need some Sig 1911 model ID help SigSaber 1911 Pistols 3 06-17-2016 05:47 PM


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2017 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.