SIG Talk

SIG Talk (http://sigtalk.com/forums.php)
-   SIG Sauer Pistols (http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/)
-   -   Concealed carry? (http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/6434-concealed-carry.html)

graphguy 01-22-2013 03:47 PM

Concealed carry?
 
What is everyone's main CCW?

tcfiero 01-22-2013 04:08 PM

P239 in 40. I carry in a Sky Ops or a High Noon. I have it loaded with Winchester PDX1 165gr.

bearone2 01-22-2013 04:14 PM

gen3 g30

Two Guns 01-22-2013 04:16 PM

Sig P220

MOGunGuy24 01-22-2013 04:17 PM

I alternate between a p290 with laser in a bellyband and a p250sc in 40 in a crossbreed supertuck. The one I choose depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. The 250 in the crossbreed is way more comfortable than the 290, but tends to print more when wearing lighter clothing. I've found another company that makes iwb holsters for half the price of crossbreed and have been given the ok by the wife to order one for my 290 as my Valentine day gift.

I also have a judge I will grab if I'm just keeping one in my vehicle and not carrying (like while at work).......

bonemd 01-22-2013 04:17 PM

P938

dwg13013 01-22-2013 04:19 PM

Springfield XDs 45acp black

ronin2 01-22-2013 04:28 PM

P228 9mm
P220 .45acp

I use a strong side carry for both the P220 and the p228 with retention strap (Galco high ride "Fletch" or "PLE" paddle). For a strong side inside the waistband carry of the P228 ONLY, I use a Galco SC-2 IWB holster, also with retention strap.

DBS 01-22-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin2 (Post 59741)
P228 9mm
P220 .45acp

What are your rigs for these weapons? I own both but haven't carried them.

ronin2 01-22-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBS (Post 59743)
What are your rigs for these weapons? I own both but haven't carried them.

Up there now... after I posted, I realized I should elaberate for the OP. I just got the P228 and its the most comfortable gun I have ever carried, both on my waist and in my hand! I doubt the P220's will see much carry time any more.

Simpleman71 01-22-2013 04:44 PM

Currently carrying a P220 carry in a crossbreed supertuck. Waiting on my crossbreed holster so I can carry my new 229 in .40

BILLG 01-22-2013 04:45 PM

Mk25 p226.

DBS 01-22-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin2 (Post 59745)
Up there now... after I posted, I realized I should elaberate for the OP. I just got the P228 and its the most comfortable gun I have ever carried, both on my waist and in my hand! I doubt the P220's will see much carry time any more.

Thanks. Getting all sorts of good info from you tonight.

dwg13013 01-22-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOGunGuy24 (Post 59732)
I alternate between a p290 with laser in a bellyband and a p250sc in 40 in a crossbreed supertuck. The one I choose depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. The 250 in the crossbreed is way more comfortable than the 290, but tends to print more when wearing lighter clothing. I've found another company that makes iwb holsters for half the price of crossbreed and have been given the ok by the wife to order one for my 290 as my Valentine day gift.

I also have a judge I will grab if I'm just keeping one in my vehicle and not carrying (like while at work).......

I tried a bellyband and ended up with a smartcarry. Your 290 would ride well in one. I took a chance wondering how it would work. Absolutely comfortable all day.

Mystro 01-22-2013 05:24 PM

My favorite EDC is a Walthers PPQ. It's light accurate and a incredible trigger. As much as I love my Sig P229, its a heavy gun.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...therPPQnet.jpg

beerbrewer 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

My main CCW is a 50 Cal Chain Gun!

Well ok a Ruger LCP. But I want to get ether a P938 or the Springfield XDs 9mm when it comes out as my main CCW.

ronin2 01-22-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerbrewer (Post 59782)
My main CCW is a 50 Cal Chain Gun!

Well ok a Ruger LCP. But I want to get ether a P938 or the Springfield XDs 9mm when it comes out as my main CCW.

.50 cal chain gun???? I dont think that weapon exisits. "Chain guns" I have seen in my military and civilian years are in either 7.62NATO or 20mm or 30mm as far as I know.

beerbrewer 01-22-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin2 (Post 59789)
.50 cal chain gun???? I dont think that weapon exisits. "Chain guns" I have seen in my military and civilian years are in either 7.62NATO or 20mm or 30mm as far as I know.

I was just being a jokester on the 50 cal chain gun :D

Riverkilt 01-22-2013 06:57 PM

Well that post vanished well.

First my LGS has to find someone willing to sell a P226 Tac Ops....maybe in a few years they'll be available.

My other handguns are in Galco pocket, Galco shoulder rigs, and N82 Professionals.

detectivegreenly 01-22-2013 07:39 PM

G26, that P226 is just too damn big and heavy for IWB.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2014 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.