Lancer Releases Carbon Fiber Suppressor Width MCX Hand Guard - Page 2 - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

Lancer Releases Carbon Fiber Suppressor Width MCX Hand Guard

This is a discussion on Lancer Releases Carbon Fiber Suppressor Width MCX Hand Guard within the SIG Sauer Rifles forums, part of the SIG Sauer Forum category; Originally Posted by Mutenaye So how many oz will this save? The ad material says a 40% weight savings. Not sure what that works out ...


Go Back   SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Rifles


SIG Sauer Rifles SIG Sauer Rifle Forum: SIG Sauer Rifles - SIG50, SIG516, SIG522, SIG551, SIG556, SIG716, M400, Blaser, SSG 3000, MCX, MPX

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2017, 05:50 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutenaye View Post
So how many oz will this save?
The ad material says a 40% weight savings. Not sure what that works out to in ounces.
Dillard is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 01-19-2017, 05:56 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
MCX300BLKSBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillard View Post
The ad material says a 40% weight savings. Not sure what that works out to in ounces.
Actually, I reread that quote. Not sure if its misworded, but they actually say that it reduces the weight of "the rifle" by 40%. Not sure if that's really possible considering how much weight is in the rest of the gun. But I will gladly weigh them both when I get mine.
MCX300BLKSBR is offline  
Old 01-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
MCX300BLKSBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 751
I just called and spoke to mike at Lancer. I changed my order to the 18" guard. I let him know that the website had the same model/part number for the 18" and 10.5". I also told him that people were not happy about them using the stock 12" photo for all 3 sizes. He said he fixed the model designation on his end. If you are considering ordering, follow up with them to make sure you get the right size. Also, the bad news.. These are on a 14 week lead time. Yup, 14 weeks..
MCX300BLKSBR is offline  
 
Old 01-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the mountains
Posts: 266
Hopefully I get my BCG back from SIG by then. Rofl.
kilyung is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Ranger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 22
I just received my Lancer Handguard. I've attached some pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCX 1.jpg (2.13 MB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg MCX 2.jpg (1.94 MB, 112 views)
Ranger3 is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: In the mountains
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger3 View Post
I just received my Lancer Handguard. I've attached some pics...
How's the quality? Can't wait for mine to ship.
kilyung is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Ranger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 22
Quality is excellent, it fits very tightly. It takes a little getting used to though, it's a handful compared to the stock handguard that's nice and slim. This is the 12 inch one on an 11.5 inch pistol.
Ranger3 is offline  
Old 04-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
kansascity45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger3 View Post
Quality is excellent, it fits very tightly. It takes a little getting used to though, it's a handful compared to the stock handguard that's nice and slim. This is the 12 inch one on an 11.5 inch pistol.
Nice MCX! Yeah, these suppressor compliant handguards are great for extending our support hand out on the rifle, but they are fatty too! Feels like I'm shooting a potato gun!!

I've got SIG's alloy 12" fatty, and am wondering how much lighter your nice carbon fiber version may be. If you can give us a handguard weight, that'll be great!!

Cheers
kansascity45 is offline  
Old 04-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Ranger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 22
Thanks KC! The handguard is very light. Unfortunately, I don't own a digital scale. I would be curious to see if it's actually 40% lighter than the OEM aluminum handguard though, I have to say I'm a little skeptical. If I can get my hands on a scale, I'll check it out and follow up...
Ranger3 is offline  
Old 04-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
kansascity45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger3 View Post
Thanks KC! The handguard is very light. Unfortunately, I don't own a digital scale. I would be curious to see if it's actually 40% lighter than the OEM aluminum handguard though, I have to say I'm a little skeptical. If I can get my hands on a scale, I'll check it out and follow up...
Gotcha! I use wifey's kitchen scale for this light stuff. Next time I have our SIG516's Lancer handguard off, I'll see how much it weights. That may give us some idea...

Enjoy your MCX!

Cheers
kansascity45 is offline  
Old 04-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2
I received mine. It's a tight fit on the rails. I was a little surprised that it requires you to remove the pivot pin attachment from you Sig hand guard and install it on the new Lancer hand guard. I can live with that.

I'm having problems with getting the pivot pin to reinstall. I spent 30 minutes poking prodding, wiggling and some taps with a rubber mallet. I can't get the pivot pin to engage with the Lancer hand guard installed. I've reached out to Lancer this evening to see if they have any suggestions.
HaveBlue997 is offline  
Old 04-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Ranger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue997 View Post
I received mine. It's a tight fit on the rails. I was a little surprised that it requires you to remove the pivot pin attachment from you Sig hand guard and install it on the new Lancer hand guard. I can live with that.

I'm having problems with getting the pivot pin to reinstall. I spent 30 minutes poking prodding, wiggling and some taps with a rubber mallet. I can't get the pivot pin to engage with the Lancer hand guard installed. I've reached out to Lancer this evening to see if they have any suggestions.
I had the same problem with mine. I had to leave the attachment screws loose, press down on the hand guard link (pivot pin attachment), get the pivot pin pushed through and then tighten the screws.

I've had mine off and on a few times and it's not too bad once you get the hang of it.

Leaving those screws loose and pressing down on the link is the key, it just won't line up otherwise.
MCX300BLKSBR likes this.
Ranger3 is offline  
Old 04-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
MCX300BLKSBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger3 View Post
Quality is excellent, it fits very tightly. It takes a little getting used to though, it's a handful compared to the stock handguard that's nice and slim. This is the 12 inch one on an 11.5 inch pistol.
That looks great! I've got the 18" coming. How long is your suppressor? Trying to figure out if my barrel/can combo is going to come out of the end of the guard. Called and spoke with lancer today. Should be shipping this week.
MCX300BLKSBR is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #29
Junior Member
 
Ranger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCX300BLKSBR View Post
That looks great! I've got the 18" coming. How long is your suppressor? Trying to figure out if my barrel/can combo is going to come out of the end of the guard. Called and spoke with lancer today. Should be shipping this week.
Thanks MCX300BLKSBR! That's actually a Griffin Armament blast shield, I'm still waiting for my tax stamp (9 months in ). It's about 2-5/8" long and projects about 1-3/8".

My suppressor is a Griffin Recce 5 @ 6.2" long so it will project roughly 5" from the end of the hand guard. So, depending on the length of your mounted suppressor, it might be close with the 18" hand guard.
MCX300BLKSBR likes this.
Ranger3 is offline  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:39 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
MCX300BLKSBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Florida
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger3 View Post
Thanks MCX300BLKSBR! That's actually a Griffin Armament blast shield, I'm still waiting for my tax stamp (9 months in ). It's about 2-5/8" long and projects about 1-3/8".

My suppressor is a Griffin Recce 5 @ 6.2" long so it will project roughly 5" from the end of the hand guard. So, depending on the length of your mounted suppressor, it might be close with the 18" hand guard.


Thanks. Right now I'm having a hell of a time just getting the muzzle brake off. Tried heating, penetrating fluid, vice, etc.
MCX300BLKSBR is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Rifles


Search tags for this page

lancer mcx

,

lancer mcx hand guard

,

lancer mcx handguard for sale

,

lancer sig mcx

,

mcx handguard for 9 barrel

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar SIG Talk Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whos interseted in carbon fiber suppressor width hand guards? MCX300BLKSBR SIG Sauer Rifles 15 01-18-2017 12:55 PM
For Sale: SIG 516 Lancer Systems 13 Carbon Fiber Rail For SIG 516 SpecSIG516 Classifieds 3 01-05-2017 05:00 PM
For Sale: SIG 516 Carbon Fiber AR15 Stock For SIG 516 or any AR15 SpecSIG516 Classifieds 1 01-05-2017 04:33 PM
SOLD! 516 Lancer Carbon Fiber Handguard ISPTrooper Classifieds 5 08-18-2016 03:00 PM


Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2017 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.