My ARFCOM response to a Glock is best question - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

My ARFCOM response to a Glock is best question

This is a discussion on My ARFCOM response to a Glock is best question within the Guns forums, part of the Gun Forum category; https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...343105/?page=1 OP All good shooters I know can pick up any pistol and shoot it very well. All the bad shooters will make every excuse ...


Go Back   SIG Talk > Gun Forum > Guns

Guns Gun Talk - For all gun topics and discussions

Like Tree63Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Wulfmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,915
Likes Received 4135
My ARFCOM response to a Glock is best question

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...343105/?page=1
OP
All good shooters I know can pick up any pistol and shoot it very well.

All the bad shooters will make every excuse and blame how it feels in their hand to the fact the pistol doesn't have a 1 oz trigger or whatever bandaid accommodations they need.

You don't have to like Glock. But if you can't shoot one, you can't shoot.


My reply
It is easy enough to shoot a Glock

It is also easy enough to shoot yourself in the leg with a Glock while drawing from a holster or re-holstering your Glock

It is also easy to shoot yourself with a Glock when you leave a round in the chamber and go to disassemble your Glock

Glock makes their guns so it is easy to shoot the Glock and shoot yourself with your Glock.

If all that is important to you then you need to own a Glock.

I don't have any Glocks because shooting myself is not on my bucket list

Was I too mean? I didn't think so either
Wulfmann is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 06-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Flash LB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gilbert Arizona
Posts: 16,822
Likes Received 25342
All true, but if you observe all the safety rules, you won't hit yourself or anything else.
Flash LB is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
phlyers13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 4,216
Likes Received 5841
I’d say it’s just as easy to shoot yourself with a 320 as it is with a Glock. Not that I’ve ever tried.
phlyers13 is offline  
 
Old 06-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
bblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 15,917
Likes Received 18017
I think the Glock would be a better gun if it was hammer-fired.
roland and Land Cruiser like this.
bblr is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Flash LB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gilbert Arizona
Posts: 16,822
Likes Received 25342
Heck, I like Glock just the way it is.

Mrs. Flash has been CCWing a Glock for around 14 years and hasn't had a ND in all that time, so it can't be that unsafe.
Flash LB is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Papa Sig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,749
Likes Received 4975
Here we go again!
Papa Sig is online now  
Old 06-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #7
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Dallas, TX area (but not Dallas proper)
Posts: 53
Likes Received 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblr View Post
I think the Glock would be a better gun if it was hammer-fired.
Or beat with a hammer until unrecognizable . .
tadawson is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: here
Posts: 6,010
Likes Received 4958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Sig View Post
Here we go again!
Something something dead horse
yellowlt7 is online now  
Old 06-28-2020, 12:34 PM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 440
Likes Received 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyers13 View Post
Iíd say itís just as easy to shoot yourself with a 320 as it is with a Glock. Not that Iíve ever tried.
Easier, unfortunately, as there's no dingus on the trigger.

The second self-inflicted leg shot I've ever seen was with a P320, at a well-known and respected shooting school two years ago. Shooter was OK after immediate action by the rangemasters and a trip to hospital. More of a graze than anything else. Fortunately he survived the embarrassment.

The first was more than a decade ago, on a range, with a single-action Colt CAS rig. The poor guy put a 240 grain lead slug into his thigh which came out at his calf. He instantly went into full blown shock. I provided first aid and kept him calm till the professionals showed up.

It can happen to anyone with any platform. Holster reluctantly...
Ceapea and phlyers13 like this.
Archer is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 12:43 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
7.62Kolectr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: on guard......
Posts: 5,623
Likes Received 6922
Well there aren’t many guns I stick in a ziploc bag and place under my towel at the beach that I know will work if needed or wear on the boat without worry about getting it wet or whatever. Heck I even jumped in and swam down twenty feet to recover a fishing pole with one on years ago. Sprayed it with the freshwater hose and wore it for the rest of the trip. Shot all the ammo before we came back in and and cleaned it later that night.
They serve the purpose.
TerminalSigness likes this.
7.62Kolectr is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 12:43 PM   #11
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Anatolians's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NC
Posts: 505
Likes Received 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfmann View Post
I don't have any Glocks
Thus my siggy... BTW, I am still reading that thread and getting a good fill of opinions are like a$$holes.
Anatolians is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 12:44 PM   #12
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Anatolians's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NC
Posts: 505
Likes Received 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyers13 View Post
Iíd say itís just as easy to shoot yourself with a 320 as it is with a Glock. Not that Iíve ever tried.
Yeah, but the glock would feel better...just a flesh wound.
Anatolians is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Wulfmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,915
Likes Received 4135
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyers13 View Post
Iíd say itís just as easy to shoot yourself with a 320 as it is with a Glock. Not that Iíve ever tried.

The Term "Glock Leg" seems to suggest that is not true

All those years Sigs were the main LE pistol and never did the term "Sig Leg" become common

Now for disassembly. If you leave a round in the chamber and go to clean a Sig you rack the slide and the forgotten round flies out
If you forgot and left a round in the Glock you pull the trigger and people do die from exactly that

Yes, Flash, if you follow all safety guides is nice but people do make mistakes and for a pistol by design to require pulling the trigger to disassemble as a first step is beyond reasonable.
I remember reading about a father and daughter both ex-military both LE the father retired she on the job having a range day and came home and started cleaning the guns. She got up and asked her dad to do the Glock. he assumed she had cleared it and went to disassemble it and bang killed his daughter.
Had that been a P226-7-8-9 the first thing he would have done is rack the slide back not pull the trigger
Tell me he thinks Glocks are designed well and safe, please

This thread was not to trash Glocks it was about a Glock lover starting a "Here we go again" thread on Arf and I do not start any why you should like Sigs threads but love to jump in on the fan threads for fun and games
Wulfmann is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
7.62Kolectr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: on guard......
Posts: 5,623
Likes Received 6922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfmann View Post

The Term "Glock Leg" seems to suggest that is not true

All those years Sigs were the main LE pistol and never did the term "Sig Leg" become common

Now for disassembly. If you leave a round in the chamber and go to clean a Sig you rack the slide and the forgotten round flies out
If you forgot and left a round in the Glock you pull the trigger and people do die from exactly that

Yes, Flash, if you follow all safety guides is nice but people do make mistakes and for a pistol by design to require pulling the trigger to disassemble as a first step is beyond reasonable.
I remember reading about a father and daughter both ex-military both LE the father retired she on the job having a range day and came home and started cleaning the guns. She got up and asked her dad to do the Glock. he assumed she had cleared it and went to disassemble it and bang killed his daughter.
Had that been a P226-7-8-9 the first thing he would have done is rack the slide back not pull the trigger
Tell me he thinks Glocks are designed well and safe, please

This thread was not to trash Glocks it was about a Glock lover starting a "Here we go again" thread on Arf and I do not start any why you should like Sigs threads but love to jump in on the fan threads for fun and games
If the 320 had been out for as long as Glocks there probably would be a term Sig Leg. But all those years you mention people were carrying the older style DA/SA Sigs.
TerminalSigness likes this.
7.62Kolectr is offline  
Old 06-28-2020, 04:57 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 39
Likes Received 16
There’s a saying about throwing stones in glass houses.

I get it, but sig certainly isn’t issue free. Look at the 320 recall, look at all the 320X5’s blown up from an unsupported barrel...high bore axis, I think the 1911 sig is ****.

Different strokes. I much prefer a sig over a Glock. That said I EDC AIWB a G19 and still have all my parts...
Aggrofish is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > Gun Forum > Guns

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2020 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.