This is a discussion on The “Dinosaur Club” within the Guns forums, part of the Gun Forum category; I’ve been called a “dinosaur” more than once lately. The reasons apparently are: I don’t believe that plastic, or polymer, is god’s gift to handguns. ...
|Guns Gun Talk - For all gun topics and discussions|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|08-01-2020, 04:22 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2018
Likes Received 872
The “Dinosaur Club”
I’ve been called a “dinosaur” more than once lately. The reasons apparently are:
There are other reasons but frankly, I don’t care. I am a proud member of the “Dinosaur Club” and know I have many fellow members out there, of all ages.
| || |
|08-01-2020, 06:54 AM||#8|
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: N.Central FL & NC Mtns.
Likes Received 373
We all owe debt of gratitude to John Moses Browning for bringing forth so many great firearms including the venerable 1911 and cartridges .25ACP, 32ACP, 380ACP, 45ACP that have survived the test of time for over a century.
His collaboration with FN Herstal also brought forth many including the Browning Hi-Power, M2 .50 cal machine gun etc.
Although developed almost a century apart; I think that JM Browning would be proud of what his FNH collaboration has wrought:
The FNX-45 Tactical as the modern evolution of his 45ACP Combat Pistol.
15+1, Hammer-fired, Safety SAO or Decocker DA/SA, Full-Ambi Controls, with Red Dot and Tritium BUIS. These 'Ol Dinosaurs can hunt!
|08-01-2020, 07:48 AM||#10|
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gilbert Arizona
Likes Received 25888
I agree with #2 and#3 but that's as far as I'll go.
I'm not much of a dinosaur. I love technology and especially cell phones. Having said that, I almost never use my cell phone as a phone, I just use the other features it has on a daily basis.
|08-01-2020, 09:00 AM||#11|
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dunbar, WVa
Likes Received 1982
1) I like all kinds of guns ... anything you don't like please give them to me. I still have the first three guns I got between 9 and 12 years old.
2) I only use two powders ...WW-231 and WW-296..(OK, I did buy some WW-244 but I haven't used it yet)
3) I carry a .38 spec. snub nose revolver for EDC. Nuff said.
4) I don't own a "smart phone" ... I still use a "flip phone" ... all I need is a phone ... period.
5) I've owned my Toyota 4Runner for four years ... it has GPS ... I've never turned it on ... I know where I'm going.
6) I own 18 handguns from 6 different makers, five different calibers, blue steel, stainless steel, alloy and polymer ... If I could keep only one, I'd keep my S&W 686, 5", .357 magnum revolver.
7) I believe Glocks, soccer and Nancy Pelosi are all part of a Communist plot.
8) Sig Talk is the closest thing I do to Social Media ... I don't Face Book, Tweet, text or Instagram anything ... ever.
9) My current favorite TV show is "Perry Mason" a show based on a period twenty years before I was born. And I still think it would be better in black & white.
10) I've been married to the same lady for 43 years, had same best shootin' buddy for 45 years, the same bank account for 35 years and same continuous auto insurance policy in effect for 47 years ... I don't like change
Hmmm, I do seem to be rather Dinosaur like don't I ....
|08-01-2020, 06:02 PM||#13|
Join Date: Jul 2017
Likes Received 5616
Its funny the young guys calling me grand pa for the things I prefer.They don't realize with out us "old" guys they wouldn't have their toys, their instant gratification and disposable lifestyle.
When they say you have to adopt (fill in the blank) they are to ignorant to know we created it.
|08-02-2020, 03:34 AM||#14|
Join Date: Aug 2019
Likes Received 269
|08-02-2020, 05:53 AM||#15|
Join Date: Sep 2016
Likes Received 453