Sig looking for CNC operators. - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

Sig looking for CNC operators.

This is a discussion on Sig looking for CNC operators. within the News forums, part of the SIG Talk category; Sig posted a banner on the website detailing some CNC operator jobs, FWIW....


Go Back   SIG Talk > SIG Talk > News

News News Articles that SIG Talk Members wish to share and from the firearms industry.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By SW547
  • 1 Post By DansSIGs
  • 2 Post By KenBry
  • 2 Post By SW547
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 56
Likes Received 39
Sig looking for CNC operators.

Sig posted a banner on the website detailing some CNC operator jobs, FWIW.
Talktalatka is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 08-19-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
RDS40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Epping, NH
Posts: 504
Likes Received 278
Sig has been looking for CNC operators for the past several years.
RDS40 is offline  
Old 08-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 56
Likes Received 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS40 View Post
Sig has been looking for CNC operators for the past several years.
Did they always advertise on their website??
Talktalatka is offline  
 
Old 08-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
SW547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 488
Likes Received 572
That's going to be a big hurdle to jump Sig.

You see high schools aren't really teaching shop classes anymore or critical thinking or math or reading comprehension.

These are just some of the qualities you must have to learn the trade.

You must know the speeds and feeds of your drill bits and router bits.

You must know cutter comp and be capable of editing programs on your machine.

You must know how to read blueprints.

The Aircraft industry pays very handsomely for CNC operators. They also have training programs.

You have some stiff competition for trained operators.

Good luck!!
SW547 is offline  
Old 08-20-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Fbks,AK
Posts: 1,425
Likes Received 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW547 View Post
That's going to be a big hurdle to jump Sig.

You see high schools aren't really teaching shop classes anymore or critical thinking or math or reading comprehension.

These are just some of the qualities you must have to learn the trade.

You must know the speeds and feeds of your drill bits and router bits.

You must know cutter comp and be capable of editing programs on your machine.

You must know how to read blueprints.

The Aircraft industry pays very handsomely for CNC operators. They also have training programs.

You have some stiff competition for trained operators.

Good luck!!


Agreed 110%
but
The Millennial generation works BEST w/ their THUMBS....tap,txt,tap,txt.
Their SMART device has a calculator.
Their SMART device will listen & respond to their voice commands.
Their SMART device has GOOGLE.

The reading & comprehension issues will never be understood.
SW547 likes this.
DansSIGs is offline  
Old 08-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2,495
Likes Received 2095
I tried to tell my Son in law to use his GI bill and get CNC trained.. the idiot went to Locksmith school online and can’t find work.. so he works in a Vape shop selling juice. He could be making great money.. but nope..
Diehard Sig Guy and SW547 like this.
KenBry is offline  
Old 08-22-2020, 06:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
SW547's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 488
Likes Received 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBry View Post
I tried to tell my Son in law to use his GI bill and get CNC trained.. the idiot went to Locksmith school online and canít find work.. so he works in a Vape shop selling juice. He could be making great money.. but nope..
Even 2d waterjet operators make good money. Not much code to learn.Where I work the waterjet is running 24-7. If it isn't cutting parts for us it's cutting parts for customers.
KenBry and TontoFAC like this.
SW547 is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > SIG Talk > News

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2020 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.