Did a complete P320 re-build, but.... - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

Did a complete P320 re-build, but....

This is a discussion on Did a complete P320 re-build, but.... within the P250, P320, & P320 X-5 Pistols forums, part of the SIG Sauer Pistols category; When I saw this stripped P320 FCU for 29.99, I could not pass it. (Even though I know I do NOT need another P320...) I ...


Go Back   SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols > P250, P320, & P320 X-5 Pistols

P250, P320, & P320 X-5 Pistols P250, P320, & P320 X-5 Pistols

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By DBX
  • 1 Post By saudadeii
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
DBX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 140
Likes Received 133
Did a complete P320 re-build, but....

When I saw this stripped P320 FCU for 29.99, I could not pass it. (Even though I know I do NOT need another P320...) I went through the part list carefully on Sig's website and ordered the majority of the small parts from MWG, the disconnector from OCG, and then back ordered the hard-to-find take down safety lever directly from Sig. The parts cost about 130 total. I have some spare parts left from other P320 mod work: OEM trigger bar, sear, safety lever pin and slide catch. Along with GG sear springs and straight trigger.

And then the wait was on... for that take down safety lever. Finally, Sig shipped and delivered it yesterday. Putting it together was straightforward, and exciting. 20 min later I have another complete FCU.

Paired it with my Sig Pro Cut slide and WC grip module. It looks cool. And the trigger breaks clean at 3 lbs on average.

But when all the excitement settled, I admit I am a little lost. I don't have an extra slide to go with it. A complete upper assembly would cost me at least 400... What did I just get myself into?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FCU1.jpeg (187.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpeg FCU2.jpeg (221.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpeg FCU3.jpeg (232.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpeg FCU4.jpeg (297.5 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by DBX; 08-02-2020 at 06:13 PM.
DBX is online now  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 08-02-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
SoloScuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 120
Likes Received 150
Be patient and wait for the parts to appear, they will, donít be in a hurry.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SoloScuba is offline  
Old 08-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #3
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
saudadeii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 1,791
Likes Received 713
I'm going about it somewhat backwards.

Bought my compact in 2014. Now I have a subcompact x-change kit, XCompact grip, compact RX slide (Romeo1), spare flat trigger and a few FCU internal parts. One stripped FCU and a few parts short of another complete 320. I plan to pick up the remaining parts as become more available. One day (curse you CA), I'll figure out how to get the stripped FCU without jumping through too many hoops or paying big $$$.
Anatolians likes this.
saudadeii is offline  
 
Old 08-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #4
DBX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 140
Likes Received 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by saudadeii View Post
I'm going about it somewhat backwards.

Bought my compact in 2014. Now I have a subcompact x-change kit, XCompact grip, compact RX slide (Romeo1), spare flat trigger and a few FCU internal parts. One stripped FCU and a few parts short of another complete 320. I plan to pick up the remaining parts as become more available. One day (curse you CA), I'll figure out how to get the stripped FCU without jumping through too many hoops or paying big $$$.
CA... maybe move to a free state? Just a thought.
DBX is online now  
Old 08-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #5
DBX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 140
Likes Received 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloScuba View Post
Be patient and wait for the parts to appear, they will, donít be in a hurry.
Yeah I know. The irony is that I was excited to do this thinking it was so cheap and I got to use all of the extra spare parts I have, but only realize now in order to make it useful there is another 400-500 to spend...
DBX is online now  
Old 08-03-2020, 12:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Topeka ks
Posts: 618
Likes Received 335
If you want to sell it. Iíd take it off your hands lol.


Sounds like too good of a deal to pass up
djquik1 is online now  
Old 08-03-2020, 12:48 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: WA
Posts: 22
Likes Received 1
How much did you spend on all the parts for the FCU? I am debating to do something like that as well or just buy an M18 + straight trigger.
nervous is offline  
Old 08-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #8
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Buds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: South Florida Beaches: Ft. Lauderdale and South Beach
Posts: 2,471
Likes Received 1784
I purchased a Stripped M17 Manual Safety Frame ($59.99) and transferred the Parts from my Compact RX FCU and Added the Manual Safety Parts.

I now have a Frame only FCU from my Compact RX.
I thought about getting the Parts and Building it up but I knew once I was done I would need a full Slide.
I have plenty of Grips.

So right now it's sitting in the ABPrototype box that my M17 Frame came in.
Maybe someday I'll do something with it.
So I know where you are at.
Buds is offline  
Old 08-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #9
DBX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 140
Likes Received 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by djquik1 View Post
If you want to sell it. Iíd take it off your hands lol.


Sounds like too good of a deal to pass up
Well.. I just back ordered a RXP compact slide from Sig... Looks like I will have another P320
DBX is online now  
Old 08-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #10
DBX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 140
Likes Received 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervous View Post
How much did you spend on all the parts for the FCU? I am debating to do something like that as well or just buy an M18 + straight trigger.
The parts cost me 130. But in my case I have several left over parts to use, as listed in my original post. The overall cost if you need to buy all parts would be higher.

I have investigated many different ways to build P320. With the way Sig prices things, it is (almost) ALWAYS more cost effective to just buy the firearm directly. Rebuilding is not about saving.. it is about fun. (at least that's what I think.)
DBX is online now  
Old 08-03-2020, 09:23 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 22
Likes Received 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBX View Post
The parts cost me 130. But in my case I have several left over parts to use, as listed in my original post. The overall cost if you need to buy all parts would be higher.

I have investigated many different ways to build P320. With the way Sig prices things, it is (almost) ALWAYS more cost effective to just buy the firearm directly. Rebuilding is not about saving.. it is about fun. (at least that's what I think.)
That's quite the deal.
Dxmkna is offline  
Old 08-04-2020, 02:46 AM   #12
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Anatolians's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: South of the border
Posts: 1,241
Likes Received 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBX View Post

Paired it with my Sig Pro Cut slide and WC grip module. It looks cool. And the trigger breaks clean at 3 lbs on average.
Is the slide a shiney finish or similar to a matte tone?

Hard to tell on Sig's site.
Anatolians is online now  
Old 08-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #13
DBX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 140
Likes Received 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatolians View Post
Is the slide a shiney finish or similar to a matte tone?

Hard to tell on Sig's site.
It is more matte tone, not the shiny stainless steel kind.
DBX is online now  
Old 08-06-2020, 05:41 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
BRRGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 22
Likes Received 1
Hey DBX,

This is how I ended up buying a X5 Legion. I wanted to use my tricked out (no-comp) 1911 in IDPA shooting 9mm, my local gun shop started to price out slide, barrel, extractor (plus switch our time) magazines and more - we were at $500+ - he showed me the X5 Legion for $849 and I was sold! But now, with the modular construction and my OCD, I am thinking about building an X5 carry - however, the price of a 3.7” slide almost makes it cheaper to just buy a use P320 carry (when I can ever find one lol)

What a wonderful problem to have!!!
BRRGC is offline  
Old 08-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: WA
Posts: 22
Likes Received 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBX View Post
It is more matte tone, not the shiny stainless steel kind.
Yup, it is matte. Here is mine custom-built X-compact RXP with stainless steel "PRO" slide (but not PRO cut).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200806_151113.jpg (2.35 MB, 14 views)
nervous is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols > P250, P320, & P320 X-5 Pistols

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2020 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.