SIG Talk

SIG Talk (https://sigtalk.com/forums.php)
-   SIG Sauer Pistols (https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/)
-   -   P229 Carry (https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/118346-p229-carry.html)

RatBikeRod 12-07-2016 05:19 AM

P229 Carry
 
Ran across this article when looking at the P239.

Is this a unicorn? or are they still available somewhere?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-carry-models/

Fardoche 12-07-2016 05:32 AM

So this 229C is .4 in shorter than a regular 229 ?

RatBikeRod 12-07-2016 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fardoche (Post 1532194)
So this 229C is .4 in shorter than a regular 229 ?

Seems so. Would really like to find one, but looks like it was a limited run. :(

CDKJudoka 12-07-2016 05:41 AM

It's essentially a P224 slide on a P229 frame.

RatBikeRod 12-07-2016 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDKJudoka (Post 1532258)
It's essentially a P224 slide on a P229 frame.

Really. Interesting. So it is possible to build this then....

Firearms Collector 12-07-2016 05:57 AM

Try looking on Gunbroker/
Sig Also Made a Limited Run
of P229 Equinox in 9MM/
Last one I saw had a starting price of $2900.00+
Earlier this year a Member had one in the Classifieds.

RatBikeRod 12-07-2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firearms Collector (Post 1532330)
Try looking on Gunbroker/
Last one I saw had a starting price of $2900.00+

:eek:

I just got light headed.

ThnkFrst 12-07-2016 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDKJudoka (Post 1532258)
It's essentially a P224 slide on a P229 frame.

Actually, it's essentially a P224 slide on a P224 frame that has a P229 length grip.

Vandal320 12-07-2016 06:02 AM

Damn, looks like a bad*** pistol...

Border Dave 12-07-2016 12:24 PM

I've been holding one in the back of my safe that I'd be willing to sell. It's the SAS model in .40 caliber. It's still new in the box. Send me a PM if anyone's interested.

RoscoeD 12-08-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Border Dave (Post 1533745)
I've been holding one in the back of my safe that I'd be willing to sell. It's the SAS model in .40 caliber. It's still new in the box. Send me a PM if anyone's interested.



Pm sent...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bblr 12-08-2016 07:21 PM

I think I'd rather have a shorter grip than a shorter slide. If I'm IWB, the slide length doesn't really make a difference. The grip length, however, affects concealability and comfort.

DirtDiver69 12-08-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatBikeRod (Post 1532306)
Really. Interesting. So it is possible to build this then....

Rod

Go get a P224, and get the extended mag, then you basically have a P229c. That is all it is. I have one of each mag, so short mag, P224, long mag P229c, and not for 2900, whatever you can find a P224 for, usually 700-900.

Good gun, accurate, small, low recoil.

aceman4 12-08-2016 07:52 PM

I have a 229C SAS 40S&W and it's certainly a great shooter. I run a P224 9MM barrel until I can find a P229C 9MM SAS slide.

RatBikeRod 12-09-2016 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtDiver69 (Post 1541394)
Rod

Go get a P224, and get the extended mag, then you basically have a P229c. That is all it is. I have one of each mag, so short mag, P224, long mag P229c, and not for 2900, whatever you can find a P224 for, usually 700-900.

Good gun, accurate, small, low recoil.

Held one the other day with the extended mag (P224), and really liked it. Used at my local GS. I am holding out for it to drop in price a bit. I will begin weekly visitations until I cannot hold out. :D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2020 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.