First Sig - SIG Talk
SIG Talk Gun Forum

First Sig

This is a discussion on First Sig within the SIG Sauer Pistols forums, part of the SIG Sauer Forum category; Well I really want one of the 224s but everything I've read and heard indicates it may be a long wait for the 9mms. An ...


Go Back   SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols

SIG Sauer Pistols SIG Sauer Pistol Forum: SIG Sauer Pistols - P210, P220, P224, P225, P226, P227, P228, P229, P232, P238, P239, P245, P250, P290, P320, P365, P522, P556, PM400, SP2022, Mosquito,

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
birdzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SC by the Sea
Posts: 555
Likes Received 382
First Sig

Well I really want one of the 224s but everything I've read and heard indicates it may be a long wait for the 9mms. An article I read today said the 40s and 357 Sigs were coming out first then the 9mm and August to Late 2012 is what I have heard for the first 224s.

Sooo I just sent off a money order for a P250SC with night sights, not what I really wanted to start witht but at the price I paid it will hold me till I can land a 224 in 9mm.
birdzman is offline  
Register

Welcome to the SIG Talk Forum dedicated to SIG Sauer Pistols and SIG Sauer Rifles.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the SIG Talk Forum!

Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Reliable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,888
Likes Received 65
Congratulations!

I am also waiting for the 224 to be released in 9mm.
Reliable is offline  
Old 06-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Vetteguy904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: florida
Posts: 892
Likes Received 12
I can't decide on 9mm and .40. the 938 is 9mm the 229 is .40
I can imagine the recoil is a lot harder in a 224 than in a 229
Vetteguy904 is offline  
 
Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
birdzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SC by the Sea
Posts: 555
Likes Received 382
I have decided to get out of the 40s, mainly to cut down on the number of calibers I need to buy for, so I just sold my Kahr PM40 (which I liked a lot) and my M&P 40c will be next to go.
birdzman is offline  
Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Sig228Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 467
Likes Received 12
It will be a very long time, if ever, until Sig produces a P224 in 9mm. They are having real trouble getting the .40 DAK on the street. If they do, and it sells (and is not the disaster the P290 was), a 9mm may be out by summer of 2013. Certainly not before that. If the .40 DAK doesn't sell, or is a disaster, Sig will move other versions onto very limited production lines and the P224 will take a back seat. A 9mm may never be made.

I hope the .40 DAK is a winner. However, given Sig's track record in introducing new guns over the last 5 years, we all need to wait and see.
Sig228Nut is offline  
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
sigp229r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: California
Posts: 11,870
Likes Received 1005
Congrats on your new acquisition!!! and Welcome to the wonderful world of Sig Sauer!!! I've had the SIGness since the late eighties...
sigp229r is offline  
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Member
 
Aztex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 86
Likes Received 0
I'm holding out till I can afford a 938. Thinner, better grips (IMHO) - love the rosewood, and about $300 less MSRP than the 224.

That's why they make different models; and since I don't have unlimited funds, I can't buy them all!

Plus - keeping all my guns 9mm makes buying ammo simple - and relatively inexpensive.
It will be tough getting used to a SAO, though - it's been a long time since I've used a safety.
Aztex999 is offline  
Old 06-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Siggybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Georgia-North and East of The Big Chicken :-)
Posts: 3,617
Likes Received 59
The newer P250SC's are great. Mine is a .40 I carry IWB when I don't have my P238. Can't even tell it's there.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Siggybaby is offline  
Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
birdzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SC by the Sea
Posts: 555
Likes Received 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztex999 View Post
I'm holding out till I can afford a 938. Thinner, better grips (IMHO) - love the rosewood, and about $300 less MSRP than the 224.

That's why they make different models; and since I don't have unlimited funds, I can't buy them all!

Plus - keeping all my guns 9mm makes buying ammo simple - and relatively inexpensive.
It will be tough getting used to a SAO, though - it's been a long time since I've used a safety.
I gave some thought to the 938 and the 290RS but I already have a Rohrbaugh in 9mm and it's a great pocket gun. I really wanted something that held 10 or 11 rounds and doesn't weigh two pounds.

I hope the 9mm 224 happens but I won't hold my breath.
birdzman is offline  
Old 06-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
ThnkFrst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SEMI
Posts: 11,071
Likes Received 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig228Nut View Post
It will be a very long time, if ever, until Sig produces a P224 in 9mm. They are having real trouble getting the .40 DAK on the street. If they do, and it sells (and is not the disaster the P290 was), a 9mm may be out by summer of 2013. Certainly not before that. If the .40 DAK doesn't sell, or is a disaster, Sig will move other versions onto very limited production lines and the P224 will take a back seat. A 9mm may never be made.

I hope the .40 DAK is a winner. However, given Sig's track record in introducing new guns over the last 5 years, we all need to wait and see.
Given the physics of caliber and frame size, I thought it odd that SIG would lead with the 224 in .40 rather than 9mm; just seems a tougher design challenge.
ThnkFrst is offline  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: tucson az
Posts: 749
Likes Received 3
I too am waiting for the 224 but not for the same reasons I want the .40 but have to wait for them to make it a DA/SA variation
nick is offline  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Vetteguy904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: florida
Posts: 892
Likes Received 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThnkFrst View Post
Given the physics of caliber and frame size, I thought it odd that SIG would lead with the 224 in .40 rather than 9mm; just seems a tougher design challenge.
Actually, i don't think it was odd. Consider that they just launched the 938 in 9mm, and the design is already there.. The 224 is a shortened 229. My other concern is getting it in da/sa
Vetteguy904 is offline  
Reply

  SIG Talk > SIG Sauer Forum > SIG Sauer Pistols


Search tags for this page

sig sao 224 9 mil

,
sig sauer p224 9mm release date
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Top Gun Sites Top Sites List

Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 2010 - 2020 SIG Talk. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.SIG Talk is a SIG Sauer Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent SIG Sauer, Inc. of Exeter, NH.